Wednesday, June 1

Brindavanam

Year : 2010
Runtime : 152 Min.
Genre : Action, Romance

Director : Vamsi Paidipally
Movie Stars :NTR Jr., Kajal Aggarwal,Samantha, Srihari, Prakash Raj
Country: India
Language : Telugu

I'm going to completely honest here. So all you people that are die-hard Tolly fans or NTR/ Kajal fans may just want to scroll down and look at the awesome screencaps that I have for you guys. This movie was completely annoying. Very annoying! Between the over dramatic music every single second something a little bit dramatic happened, Kajal's crying, and the over the top action scenes that make no sense I almost went insane. This is not my first Telugu movie so I am no stranger to over the top action; anyone remember Mahesh Babu taking on over 100 men and winning in Okkadu. Guess what, Okkadu is one of my favorite Telugu movies so it is not that I mind the zany  action. Brindavanam's action just didn't fit well in the movie and it was wayyyyyyy over the moon (yes more than taking on 100 men). South Indian films are dramatic. Just putting that out there. But I swear to you the film editor became too happy with the sound effects. Every single cry, laugh, hug, smile, fight, monologue, and soliloquy there was the same three dramatic sound effects playing.  

I know this is a cultural thing.  In this cultural I know it is not cool, okay, or acceptable to stand up to your elder, especially when its your father and you are a female. I accept this fact but Kajal and Samantha's characters just stood by without saying a word as their friend/boyfriend just beat up unjustifiably. SPOILER! I didn't expect them to step in and stop the fight between their fathers and Krish but they could have explained what happened (the deal they made to allow Bhoomi to borrow Krish) and tell the fathers that everything Krish did was for Bhoomi only. No! They just stand by and let him die for their sins (so to speak).  You guys know I can not stand damsels in distress... not in this century. 


Ajay, the cousin and antagonist, please get a new facial expression. That creeper smile that you had was just too  much and so where the Gemstone Green Freshlook contacts. They made you look like a rapist. There is not wonder why Bhoomi did not want you.  

I AM NOT saying that this was a bad movie. No, the story/script was sound and very entertaining. Kajal, whom I've liked since Magadheera, was perfect for the role especially when paired with Samantha Prabhu.  Both are very beautiful actresses who will go far in this business, especially Kajal (who know you love Kajal). I didn't like NTR as much. This is the first movie I've seen of his and from this I understand that he is an okay actor. No offense to his fans, but something just doesn't sit right with me. I think Allu Ajrun could have bought a funnier (and sexier... shush I didn't say that) character. If you can look pass the dramatic music, crazy action, and crying women than based on the story alone I would recommend this movie.



IMDB: Krish (NTR) is the son of a billionaire businessman (mukesh Rishi). He has a girl friend Indu (samantha). Her friend Bhoomi (kajal) wants to pursue her higher studies and lands in trouble when her father (Prakash Raj) wants to marry her to his nephew (Ajay). Her grandfather (Kota Srinivasa Rao) convinces her dad, saying that she already likes someone in the city so her dad asks her to bring her lover home. Indu asks Krish to go as Bhoomi's Lover. Meanwhile, Bhoomi's uncle (Srihari), and her father (Prakash) live apart in two adjacent villages. The two families are feuding with each other. Krish is hated by Bhoomi's entire family and he has to overcome many things in his attempt to get everyone to love him. 


No one I know has every said that
Some dude named El Diablo
If thats possible...
No one noticed...
More screencaps @ Read More


He kicked one door and everyone/all doors fly out
Tarzan





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search