Wednesday, February 23

Bandidas

Year : 2006
Runtime : 93 Min.
Genre : Action, Comedy, Crime, Western
Director : Joachim Rønning
Movie Stars : Penélope Cruz, Salma Hayek, Steve Zahn, Sam Shepard, Dwight Yoakam, Ismael 'East' Carlo
Country: France, Mexico, USA
Language : English, Spanish

It was a fun movie, nothing heavy or anything. Penelope and Salma equals hot and I think the makers of this movie counted on that a bit too much. I had just watched Don't Tempt Me and I enjoyed Penelope as a bad chick so I figured I'll give this film a try. The story was a bit over done: hot chicks fight crime and steal from the rich and give to the poor.  I'll definitely be adding this to my collection of films that should suck but you love them anyway. 

Plot
In 1848, A small town in Mexico is taken over by big bankers from New York. These bankers want to build a railroad across Mexico, so the ruthless Tyrant Jackson kills the land owners near prime railroad territory. A small town farm girl (Penelope) and a rich pampered lady (Salma) join forces and rob banks to give the money back to their own people. With Jackson's forces looking for them the pressure is on, but the girls with the help of a forensic investigator from New York focus on robbing all New York banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search